Looking for how to play poker for beginners? This W88you article will help you learn how to play poker effectively! Read the how-to-play-a-poker-game guide now!
Basics in Poker – How to play for beginners
Poker is a card game in which players bet or wage over which hand is best according to a set of rankings. If you are a beginner but want to learn how to play poker like a pro, keep on reading!
Learn how to play a poker game – The round process
How to play a poker game? Easy! At the start of the poker game, the dealer gives every player two cards in the face-down position. If the player believes that his hand has a chance of winning, he places his bet at the table.
Moving in a clockwise direction, each succeeding player has three options to play. “Call” refers to the previous bet, “raise” for increase the previous bet, and “fold” to concede defeat.
The betting round ends after all players have either called or folded. Just knowing the rounds of the gameplay, you must learn poker how to play for beginners already.
If all players folded except for one in a match though, that last standing player collects the pot without revealing his hand. If more than one remains after the final betting round, a showdown of hands will determine the winner who will take all the pot.
Read more: Basic poker rules and easy poker online at W88
Learning how to play a poker game is easy. Just follow this how to play poker effectively and for sure, you could game from a beginner to a pro already. Learn these rules below and incorporate them into your gaming for better results.
How to play poker effectively using hand rankings
How to play poker like a pro is not a problem. All you need to remember are the rules of the cards. Those cards are literally and figuratively your hands. So if you want to how to play poker for beginners, keep these card rules in mind.
A hand in poker consists of five cards—two from the player and three from the table. Individual cards are ranked, from highest to lowest with Aces as the highest. It is arranged as A (Ace), K (King), Q (Queen), J (Jack), 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2 for clearer visualization.
If you want to know how to play poker effectively, note that all players borrow three cards from the table that will form their highest-ranking hand. Now the hand rankings, from highest to lowest, are as follows:
- Royal flush: A, K, Q, J, 10 of the same suit
- Straight flush: five consecutive cards of the same suit
- Four of a kind or quads: four same cards of different suits and a kicker
- Full house: a triplet and a pair
- Flush: five non-consecutive cards of the same suit
- Straight: five consecutive cards, but different suits
- Three of a kind: triplet and two kickers
- Two pair: two pairs and a kicker
- Pair: a pair and three kickers
- High card: nothing
Tie-Breaker Rules in Basic Poker
For newbies, it is also important to know the tie-breaker rules if you want to learn how to play poker effectively.
To be familiarized with how to play a poker game, you must know how Poker works, especially when there are tiebreakers during your play. If players have similar hands of the same rank, the hands are further ranked as follows:
- Straight flush: ranked by the highest-ranking card; hands that differ in the suit are of equal rank
- Four of a kind: the quads are ranked first according to individual card rankings followed by the kicker
- Full house: triplets are ranked first followed by the pair
- Flush: flushes are ranked first by the rank of their highest-ranking card, followed by the second-highest-ranking card, and so on—flushes that have different suits but have the same highest-ranking card are of equal ranks
- Straight: ranked by the highest-ranking card
- Three of a kind: triplets are ranked first, followed by the highest-ranking kicker, and the lowest-ranking kicker—triplets that differ in the suit are of equal rank
- Two pair: highest-ranking pair is ranked first, followed by the lowest-ranking pair, and the kicker—two pairs that differ in the suit are of equal rank
- Pair: pairs are ranked first followed by the kickers; pairs that differ in the suit are of equal rank
- High card: hands are ranked first by the highest-ranking card and so on
As for the rare times when there are two royal flushes, the players shall split the pot. There can be no tiebreaker in a royal flush.
Cash prize up to RM 30
W88 already told you the poker rounds, as well as the common terms and hand rankings. Even the tie-breaker rules. So now, we would tell you that you should play in W88. All these tips on how to play poker effectively would never be effective if you are on a not-so-good casino.
But at W88, you are safe. Your gaming is secured. You have your policy private. Plus, your money would be ensured! To make that pot much more insured, W88 also gives away 100% welcome bonuses of 30 RM!
To claim this RM 30, you just need to validate your account. Yes, you can get RM 30 just by verifying your profile! And to claim that cash prize successfully, make sure you deposit RM 30 first too.
If you are a newbie and learning poker how to play for beginners, this is a good chance for you! This would not only make you know how to play poker effectively but could familiarize you with how to play poker like a pro! Such wins!
Get free & extra RM 30 – Exclusive W88 promotion for new members
Raise a call if your Poker skills unfolded through W88you
Poker seems intimidating at first. But! Upon learning the gameplay, rules, and techniques about it, for sure, you would enjoy it! You may be a beginner right now, but every successful wager starts by being one, right? If you want to practice Poker, go to W88 now! It offers the best Poker games, so you would love it there.
What are you waiting for? Register here for a W88 Account & get premium access to the best game operator online in Malaysia as of 2021!