W88 has so many games to cater including Baccarat, a popular for its simplicity when it comes to learning casino games, especially for beginners. There are only three kinds of bets to keep in mind; banker, player, and the tie.
The main objective of the game is to get a hand closest to nine. The player does not necessarily have to bet on the player alone, they can bet on the player and the banker or either. They can also place a bet on the tie but should consider the 8:1 risk.
What should I know before playing?
- Live baccarat is played from a six-deck shoe
- Reaching a point total of 9 in hand is the winner
- There is no value in all face cards and 10s
- Cards less than 10 = face value
- Aces = 1
- There is no effect when it comes to the suits of the cards.
- Single digit values are acceptable
- Drop the left digit when any count reaches a double-digit
- Count: 15=5; 25=5
- Every hand should only have a maximum of 3 cards
How do I start betting?
The initial step when playing baccarat is to bet on the Player, the Banker, or the Tie. The player should be aware of the payout between the banker and the player. The payout is considered even for both, but if the banker wins, a 5% commission is taken from the player. As for the tie’s payout, it is a solid 8:1.
The round commences with the live dealer presenting two cards to the player and the banker. The player will receive their cards first, followed by the banker’s hand. It is possible for a third card to be dealt with both the player and the banker, which are essentially based on three card rules. Such rules aren’t necessary prior to play but are automatic in gesture.
When does the Third-Card Rule apply to the Player?
When the dealer gives the player and the banker their cards, they must total an 8 or 9. This essentially means no third card is necessary. The hand is considered over if the result is a Natural. The dealer only draws a third card if the player’s hand is less than or equal to 5.
When does Third-Card-Rule apply to the Banker?
The dealer gives the banker a third card upon the following scenarios:
- If the banker’s total hand is 2 or less
- If 3 is the banker’s total hand, unless it’s the third card is an 8
- If 4 is the banker’s total hand, and the player’s third card is a 0, 1, 8, 04
- If 5 is the banker’s total hand, and if the player’s third card is 4,5,6, or 7
- If 6 is the banker’s total hand, and the player’s third card is a 6 or 7
- The banker stands when the total hand is 7.
After the dealer sets the player and banker’s third card, the hand which is closest to 9 is the winner.
Back to Basics, Baby!
Players who are new to Baccarat should be able to understand the basic rules, steps, and strategy throughout the game. In the long run, with sufficient knowledge, practice and mastery, new players will eventually evolve into gamblers.
Register here for a W88 Account to get premium access to the best game operator online in Malaysia as of 2019.